Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tidbits

Lots of things to report since my last post.

Allison is WALKING!! Yay! She took her first unassisted steps on July 8 and since then has been taking off whenever she can. It's adorable. She is so excited about walking.

And in the 3.5 weeks my mom was here Allison also learned to High 5, blow kisses, give kisses without using her tongue or teeth and hug her baby doll instead of biting her foot. It's been a big month!

Peter had a 3 week check up on Tuesday. Current stats:
weight = 8lbs 3oz - 25th percentile
height = 20.5in - 15th percentile
head = 13in - 10th percentile

So he grew a pound and a half since his first weight check 2 weeks ago. It's great progress. And just like his dad and sister he has a small head.

We've started doing a combo of nursing and formula. I nurse during the day but we're giving him bottles at night. I just found that staying awake for a 40 minute nursing session in the middle of the night wasn't working for me. He's doing great with the bottles. And it's had an unexpected but nice side effect. Daddy has been doing the bedtime bottle at 10pm. I have been expecting to have to wake for a feeding between 1-3am. However, the last three nights he's slept straight through until 4am, 4am and 5am, respectively. Yes that's right... my 3 week old went 7 hours between feedings and I actually got a full night of sleep. I'm guessing it's just a fluke and we'll be back to night wakings soon but I'm enjoying it. I think it helps that I'm very diligent at feeding on demand during the day but never letting him go more than 3.5 hours during the day. I also cluster feed in the evening - 4, 6, 8 and the bottle at 10pm.

As for the colic... I don't think it's really colic. I do think that Pete is a very cuddly baby. He really wants to be held a lot, he loves his mama and makes it hard for others to comfort him and he's a little more sensitive than Allison was. I guess I was just so used to having a textbook baby that I'm still figuring out this one who's a little more touchy.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics