Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pasta Salad Revisited

For years I've been making a pasta salad for potlucks and barbeques that is basically the same.  It's what I'd call an "Italian version".  Cooked pasta, italian dressing, Salad Supreme spice blend, grape tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers and mushrooms.  Not bad.  Easy and it tastes decent.

But this weekend I mixed it up a bit.  Our grocery store went through a remodel last year and they added a new mediterranean antipasto bar.  I had never looked at it before but was having some girlfriends over on Saturday so I figured I'd see if there was anything yummy.  There was SO MUCH good stuff!

Here's my new mediterranean pasta salad...
cooked pasta (I used bowties)
kalamata olives, sliced
feta stuffed green olives, sliced
roasted red pepper, coursely chopped
artichoke hearts, coursely chopped
fresh basil
feta cheese
greek dressing

YUM! 

I brought some for my lunch today and added a bit of store-bought rotisserie chicken and that gives it a nice extra diminsion.

I think I have a new go-to pasta salad.

What's your go-to recipe for "bring-a-dish" parties?

No comments:

 
Web Analytics