Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Are we excited about this pregnancy?

I have only been telling people around me over the last week and I have been asked the above question twice already. 

I apologize in advance for the fact that I am a bit riled up about this.  I'm going to blame it on hormones. 

First of all, I can't say how "we" are feeling.  You may not be excited.  That's okay.  It's not your baby, your body or your family.  But here is how I feel.  I am THRILLED!  I feel so BLESSED to be given the gift of a new life that Mr. Brown and I will guide through the murky waters of growing up into adulthood and a relationship with our Lord.

It's a BABY for crying out loud... what's not to be excited about? 

Do people really think that because I already have two that I should feel "done"?  Or maybe because I have a girl and a boy what more could we want?  Well, I don't feel "done."  I'm not sure when I will feel that way.  But I do know that our family is not complete.  And to me, having one of each gender was never a goal.  There are joys and struggles with each.  I would have been happy with a houseful of all boys or all girls.  Having one of each doesn't make our family any more complete than just having one gender.  And that doesn't mean we were or should have been finished. 

Not that it's anyone's business but this pregnancy, while not totally expected, wasn't exactly a surprise either.  Mr. Brown and I understand how it works and we were open to the possibilities.  This baby is very much wanted and we are very much excited.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I know Im excited for you!!!! Congrats to the Brown family! What great news!!!!

Christy said...

It is no one's business if you have two, three or twelve kids. Don't let anyone take your joy away.

Congrats!!!

 
Web Analytics