Thursday, January 13, 2011

Well, that's a stumper

Allison's inquisitiveness is growing by the day.  Lately I am asked to spell at least a dozen words for her every day.  And dinner time has become a time for her to ask how things are made.

Pretzels?  no problem
Bananas?  easy

But tonight was a bit more tough.  First she asked how you make water.  Hmmm... do I go with the scientifically correct 2 Hydrogens + 1 Oxygen?  Or the simpler, it comes from rain?  I went with rain, collected in a reservoir and piped to our faucet.

And then the really tough one.

Mommy, how to you make people?

{{insert long pause}}

Well, people grow in the tummys of their mommies and then the doctors help them come out.  That seemed to appease her enough for now.  Oh boy do we have a long road ahead.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That was a great answer and thankfully she went with it. I wonder how long it will be till she wonders how the babies get in the tummies?

Mrs. Sully said...

I made up a long story about angels asking God to put them in a mommy's tummy. So they ask how do they choose a mommy? And I say that mommies have to be married to good daddies. And they say can you be married when you're 16? And I say no and then Sean asks "Then what is that show 16 and pregnant about?" umm.....? I should have stuck with your answer.

 
Web Analytics