For about 3 weeks now I have been on short-term disability and home from work. The morning sickness is still bad - actually it's getting worse. But that wasn't the main reason to stop working early. The pregnancy-induced sciatica was getting really bad. I was spending the better part of most days in pain. My left leg would randomly give out on me and I would almost fall. Add to it back contractions at least a few days a week and it was just too difficult.
So now I'm home. I've been getting a lot more rest and that seems to help. I'm not having contractions anymore and the back pain has really eased unless I have a physically strenuous day. My leg is still a little wonky but at least I can rest it when I need to. And I have to say that if you have to throw up 5 or more times in a day it's much better to do it in your own toilet than a semi-public one at work. I'm sure the janitors at work appreciate it too!
I don't yet have a c-section date scheduled but it still looks like it will be July 2 - just 5 weeks from today! We are lucky to have my mom coming for a few weeks to help out with Allison while we are at the hospital and to just generally make things easier those first few weeks while I'll be on restrictions from the surgery.
I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago. I haven't gained much weight at all - 5lbs on the doctor's scale, about 2 on my home scale - so she wanted to make sure baby is growing okay. Of course, baby looks perfect - measuring right on track and looks totally healthy. I shouldn't really complain about the lack of weight gain but it's hard not to be concerned when you read the books and they say things like "you have probably gained 20-25 lbs at this point." Oh well, less to lose on the other side!
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment