Day 2
I woke her up about 3 hours after putting her down. She was still dry. She went pee right away and right back to bed. But she still woke up wet this morning. We don't do a bedtime cup but I'm thinking that we may need to even cut back a little more for awhile just until she gets the hang of it.
So far today has been AWESOME! Just one accident. She had just gone for DH at 8:30 and at 8:40 she climbed upstairs and went on the carpet in her room. DH wasn't right behind her so he missed it. As soon as he got to her she told him "peepee" but it was already too late. He still put her on the potty just to reinforce that she needs to go there. She's gone pee 4x in the potty - told us first and made it to the bathroom. She also got a poop in today. Double stickers for that. She's still a little gunshy. She seems to know it's coming and tells us. And we get her there in plenty of time. But she wants to putz around a little in the bathroom and get on and off the toilet before actually going. But overall she's doing really really well.
I haven't felt like I've needed to be quite so vigilant today. I do still remind her every 10-15 minutes. But if she wanders into the other room a few steps ahead of me I'm not as worried. We've had lots of false alarms. But I figure better to get in there and have it be nothing then to have an accident.
Peter was getting a poopy diaper changed this morning and she was very emphatic with her "stinky"s and "yucky"s.
Nap time now. I put her down right after a pee. I'm going to a Pampered Chef thing this afternoon. I was going to skip it or have her stay home with DH but I'm going to chance it. She's been doing well and I'm really thinking she can handle it. I already talked to the hostess and she was fine with it - in fact, it was her suggestion. I think there are going to be other toddlers there. So I'm taking her potty seat, a bag of treats, kandoo wipes and her step stool. I want to make it as much like home as possible. I think as soon as we get there I'll show her the bathroom and remind her to tell me when she has to go. I know I probably should skip it but it's with a bunch of coworkers who haven't seen her since she was 3 months old so I want to do a little real-life AWing.
Today's words of caution... if your DH is going to help, make sure he really knows what to do or that you are with him in the beginning. DH didn't know that she needed to go on the potty after her accident. He was just going to change her panties. Also, one time she told him she had to go and he told her "let's go to the potty" but she just kept playing so he figured she didn't really have to go. I walked in the room and she was holding her crotch so I knew she did. He didn't realize he needed to physically pick her up and take her once she told him. Other than that, he's been doing great with her. Lots of praise and feel-good stuff.
End of Day 2
The afternoon went well. We went to the Pampered Chef party and she stayed dry until right before we got home. We had 2 false alarms at the party but she never actually went there. When we got home she had pooped a bit in her diaper. It wasn't a full poop but an accident. All afternoon after that she was having lots of really wet-sounding farts but nothing really coming out of it.
I reminded her a gazillion times at the party. People were asking if we were potty training and how old she is. Many of the older moms (kids are teens) were SHOCKED that she could actually go #1 and #2 on the potty before the age of 2. It was kind of funny to see their reactions.
She just had 1 pee-pee accident this afternoon. She went into the bathroom and was opening and closing the door. She never said she needed to go and DH should have known that was a sign but didn't (again on his watch, lol). When he finally noticed she had sat down on her potty chair (panties still on) and was wet. There was a puddle on the floor.
Wet undies count = 3 (still have overnight to go)
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment