Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nesting

It’s cold today.  Cold and drizzly and bordering on snow.  And I am itching to be anywhere but where I am.  Well, mostly I’m itching to be home with fall candles burning sending their warm delicious smell throughout the house. I’d put on my favorite super soft gray long-sleeve tee and some extra fuzzy socks.  Maybe I’d even have the fire on (gas fire place so I wouldn’t actually “start” a fire so much as “turn it on”) assuming the kids weren’t home.  But I think I’d like the kids to be home too.  We could do something indoors like baking cookies (against the advice of my doctor on the sugars!) or making construction paper jack-o-lanterns.  Or we could bundle up and venture outside to collect leaves and pinecones and other vestiges of fall and then return inside for some cocoa while we glue those little treasures onto some cardboard to make art.

What is it about a glum-looking day that makes me want to nest?

No comments:

 
Web Analytics