Monday, November 15, 2010

Jonathan Lawrence

On September 3, 2010 Jonathan Lawrence Brown entered the world at 12:30 pm.  He weighed 6lbs, 5 ounces was 18.5 inches long.







It took Mr. Brown and me a long time to decide on a name for this little guy.  We even knew it was a boy (although that was a little secret just between us) and still had a hard time.  We needed something that fit well with Allison and Peter and could grow and change with him as he made his way through the world.

In the end, we were inspired to honor our son by giving him two incredible namesakes - his grandfathers.  My father (Jonathan, aka Jon) and Mr. Brown's father (Lawrence, aka Larry) are two of the best men we know.  If this little guy turns out to be half the man his namesakes are he is destined to be an amazing addition to our society.

For now we just call him Jonathan although I'm sure at some point he'll figure out his own nickname to go by.

Allison and Peter are in LOVE with their new brother.  The both wake up every morning wanting to see "the little guy" before doing anything else.  They love to show him off to their friends, give him kisses, share their toys, help make his bottles and just generally let him know that he is loved.  It's amazing to me as a mother and I feel so blessed that we have not had to deal with the jealousy that I know often accompanies a new baby in a family.

Baby Jonathan is now 2.5 months old. At his two month doctor visit he weighed in at a measly 9lbs, 15 ounces and 21.5 inches in length.  So he really is our "little guy" - He's like 5-10 percentile on the height/weight charts. 

He started at daycare last week and so far is doing great.  Peter loves having a little brother to share with his friends there.  I miss him a lot while I'm at work - I especially miss what a great snuggler he is and our mid-morning cat naps together.  But we try to make up for it in the evenings.  Trust me, if you could snuggle with him on your chest for a nap you'd never want to go to work either!

No comments:

 
Web Analytics