I always hate being gone from my blog for an extended period of time. It is so hard to get back into the swing of things. I have this nagging guilty feeling that I need to fill you in on each and every thing that's happened since I last posted. But I know that will take forever and if I wait until I actually take the time to sit down and write all of that, then you'll never get a new post from me.
So here's the Reader's Digest version... (by the way, does anyone still read Reader's Digest? I don't remember where I used to read that as a kid, maybe my mom had a subscription or something. But I loved it. I always loved the quirky little antedotes that people sent in.)
I went out on Short Term Disability leave at the beginning of May. I was vomiting so often that I couldn't gain any weight in my pregnancy and was actually starting to lose weight. I was out sick all the time. I wasn't a reliable employee and I think it was easier for my boss if she just knew I wasn't around to be counted on.
Besides the horrible vomiting, my pregnancy was very healthy. But I lost quite a bit of weight. At my lowest I was down 15 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was on a zofran pump for awhile but it didn't help much and was more pain than benefit so I gave it up and just suffered quietly. I had monthly check-ins at a high risk obstetrician to make sure that baby was growing okay. Baby was fine but on the small side. At one point baby was measuring just barely above what they consider "at-risk". Finally at around 35 weeks I started to gain weight. It was all water weight. My feet were HUGE. My ankles and calves were so swollen that they hurt. I could feel the swelling pushing my skin outward. I just wanted to take a pin and prick them to let the water drain out. Of course, that's not how it works. Once the swelling set in, I was basically done physically. I had to spend much of the day with my legs elevated and drinking lots of water. The only good thing about it was that I finally managed to put some weight back on.
I made it to my scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. The day I entered the hospital I had gained exactly two (2) pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. And that was approximately 17 lbs of water.
And finally, on September 3 at 12:30 pm we welcomed this little guy into the world...
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment