Tomorrow is the day we have set aside to officially give thanks for all that we have. Honestly, I have so much to be thankful for. Our family has been incredibly blessed and any listing would be woefully inadequate.
I've been thinking about Thanksgiving. We observe it every year. And every year we seem to have the same things on our internal list of things to be thankful for - health, jobs, a home, our family, our friends. But those things are so generic. And OF COURSE, we're thankful for them. But I think it's hard to appreciate them because they haven't been in jeopardy. Sometimes I think that those of us with much appreciate it so much less than those with little. It's easy to say you are thankful for health. But until your health is in jeopardy it's hard to really understand how thankful you should be.
So how to we really give thanks without it feeling a bit, well, .... hollow?
I'm going to need to think about that a bit more.
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment