Somehow we always have great plans for the weekends but by the end I am totally pooped.
Tumbletots --- In addition to the Saturday doctor's visit, Allison had her first day of tumbling class. It was wonderful. She got to do sommersaults, walk on the balance beam, hang on the high bar. We are working on her "ta-da" after doing a cool trick. It's an 8 week class and I think she is going to absolutely love it.
Swimming --- In the afternoon we hit the rec center pool. They have a great kid friendly pool. It has a very small water slide for the toddlers, a bigger water slide for the older kids, fountains, and a basketball hoop. Allison loves walking around in the shallow area (with close supervision) and going on the water slide. Peter also got to go in the water. This was his 2nd time. He really seems to like the water too. Basically one of us just holds him partially submerged.
Once Peter started to get cold I headed out with him and we sat and watched Mr. Brown and Allison. While sitting Peter was staring at another baby around his age. I started talking to the mom and indeed, the boys are just a few days apart. Then she turned and I saw her shirt. Imagine my surprise that she's a fellow Domer! Her husband graduated the year after me and she graduated 2 years behind me. They have 4 kids. What a small world!
End of Daylight Savings Time --- There are some positives about returning to Standard Time. Namely that it is not pitch black on my way into work. However, this "fall back" thing doesn't mean a whole lot with kids. Allison woke up at 4:15 am on Sunday morning. I managed to hold out getting her until 5am. But after that we were up and going. I managed to make a quiche, clip coupons, plan our weekly menu, get a load of laundry going and shower all before our 9 am baptism class.
Baptism --- We had our first of 3 classes for Peter's baptism prep on Sunday. Allison made her first visit to the church nursery. She was so excited to see the other kids and toys that as soon as we got close to the door she just walked right in and started playing. It was great because we were able to slip away without her noticing and avoid a crying jag. Still no dates yet. We are thinking January or February. It seems that Feb 21 is St. Peter Damian day. That might be a good choice.
Grocery Shopping - A trip to Sam's Club and the market seems easy enough. However, it turned into a disaster. All started out well. We got the 3 items we came for at Sam's Club plus about 7 more. And on the way to the check out we heard an announcement that they were giving out free paring knives to everyone in the store. I headed back to listen to the spiel about the almighty always sharp knives while Mr. Brown headed up to check out. It seems the spiel was a little longer than Peter liked. While he and Mr. Brown and Allison waited for me, Peter got very upset and started crying. Daddy picked him up but it was no use. He spit up his entire bottle all over Mr. Brown and the floor. That ended our shopping trip. It was home for bath time.
I did manage to get the rest of the groceries later in the day. As it turned out, that was the most relaxing part of the entire weekend. I spent an hour just cruising the aisles, alone with my list and coupons.
I never thought I would be so glad to see a Monday
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment