We spent awhile at the doctor's office today getting well-baby checkups for Peter and Allison. The checkups themselves were fine. The waiting at the doctor's office STINKS!
Our appointment was at 11:30am. We arrived at 11:25 so that we could do our part to help keep the office on schedule. So much for that. We waited and waited. At 11:45 we discovered that Allison had pooped. I hated to go out to the restroom because I knew as soon as I did that they would call us back. Turns out I had no need to worry. So I take Allison out to the ladies room only to discover that the only 2 diapers in my bag are size 2. Um.... well, they fit but certainly a *bit* more snug than the size 4s she normally wears. At least the stink was gone.
We head back to the waiting room to find Mr. Brown holding Peter who is crying like crazy. So I start to make him a bottle. And of course as soon as I get the bottle assembled they call us back - a full 25 minutes AFTER our scheduled appointment time and 30 minutes after our arrival.
We get into the office and I try to feed Peter (since he's still screaming) while the nurse asks me a million questions about much they eat, sleep, and development accomplishments. She has the nerve to ask why he's crying. Oh, I don't know, could be that in the 30 minutes we've been waiting to be seen he's gotten a bit restless! Meanwhile Mr. Brown is wrestling with Allison to get her undressed so she can get weighed and measured with a second nurse.
All went well with the doctor. Kids are both doing great developmentally and physically. Then the nurse came back with the shots. Four for Peter and two for Allison. And of course I forgot to bring Peter's pacifier. So now both kids are screaming bloody murder. Let me tell you I was EXHAUSTED by the time we left there.
Stats:
Allison - 18 months
Height: 32 1/4 inches = 74th percentile
Weight: 22# 5oz = 23rd percentile
Head: 18 inches = 26th percentile
We learned that her adorable budda-belly has nothing to do with being overweight (obvious by the numbers above). The doctor explained that it's actually just that her organs are bigger than what her abdominal cavity will hold. Basically, she's so thin her organs poke out!
Peter - 4 months
Height: 24 3/4 inches = 49th percentile
Weight: 15# 15oz = 75th percentile
Head: 16 1/2 inches = 49th percentile
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment