Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Recap

Another weekend. They always seem to go by so fast! But this one was fun. The highlights...

Allison "helping" Peter learn to roll... on Friday night Peter was practicing his new rolling skill. He made it from his back onto his stomach. He was then struggling to keep going back to his back. Allison saw his struggle and decided she needed to help. So she got down next to him and rolled him over. It was hysterical!

Tumbling Class... Another Saturday morning tumbling class. Allison is doing well. But the instructor seemed a bit out of it this week. Miss Michelle is very nice and great with the kids. But this week she was half asleep. She could barely keep her eyes open. I assumed she was hung-over (she's college aged). One of the other moms asked if I thought she looked off. When I mentioned that she seemed hung-over the other mom said "I think she's still drunk." Michelle said it has been a late night dealing with family drama but I don't know. It was just very odd. Luckily the kids are so little they can't tell the difference.

Shopping & Christmas Trees... Saturday evening was the tree lighting at the outlet mall. The kids are both at a growth stage where they are ready to move up to the next sizes (Peter - 9 months, Allison - 18 months) so they needed lots of new clothes. We made an afternoon of it. The kids got everything they needed and Mr. Brown got a new pair of shoes.
We hit some of our favorite outlets:
http://www.childrensplace.com/
http://www.carters.com/
http://www.gymboree.com/
http://www.striderite.com/
http://www.gap.com/

I was not left out. I got a new meat tenderizer. Fun times.
Allison really liked the tree. She was very intrigued by it before it was lit. It was several stories high. And when they first lit it she just stared for probably a minute. Finally she uttered a single "whoa". It was the cutest thing.

Spa Day... My friend Katey has been dealing with a lot of family stress lately. She's been taking care of everyone. So I conspired with her husband to get her a day of relaxation. We surprised her and I took her to lunch and then for a day at the spa. It didn't take much arm twisting to convince me that it would be more fun for her if we did it together. So we got massages, manicures, pedicures and our hair done. It was wonderfully relaxing and a good chance to connect and learn to appreciate what we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and I'm very jealous of the spa day.

 
Web Analytics