I have made it to my 100th post on this blog. A very exciting day indeed.
Even more exciting... I am back home after 5 days away from my husband and babies. I was lucky enough to get the very last seat on the direct flight home instead of my scheduled connection. That saved me 2.5 hours giving me enough time to get home before the kids were in bed. Both seemed very glad to see me and I was very glad to have them climbing all over me once again.
I had a nice visit home with my parents and brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephews. Jenny & Greg's wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. I did notice something about weddings this weekend. It seems that most people, myself included, make most of their good friends at college or beyond. There are of course a handful of good friends that remain from high school days but they are a small number compared to those friends we make during our first years on our own. As a result, at weddings, the college friends tend to be many and are the ones partying like rock stars, excited to have such a joyous occasion to reunite. And the high school friends are the small group hanging on the fringes. Still having a good time but certainly not the life of the party sort. Having been both a bride, high school friend and college friend at weddings I have found this to be almost invariably true. Nothing much to be done about it. Just an interesting note. Attending a wedding takes on a very different tone depending upon when you knew the bride & groom.
I am looking forward to some homemade apricot jam made with love by Jenny's mom. I was fortunate enough to be able to get it through airport security despite not identifying it as one of my 3-1-1 liquids. That will be delicious on my toast in the morning! And Jenny's mom told me I could send back my old jelly jar from college for a refill! Yum!!
I got to catch up with some old high school friends which is always nice. And, as usual, we managed to have a mis-adventure together that left us all laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. It never fails with those girls!
And another nice surprise, I came home to a beautiful bouquet of lillies from my dear husband.
Change – The Ultimate Organizing Test
-
A lot has been happening in my family’s life lately. We have already and
continue to make some big changes. In the fall I left my corporate job. It
was a n...
9 years ago

1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good time but I'm bummed that I could be one of those high school friends you reconnected with. Maybe sometime we'll both be back home at the same time.
Post a Comment